- WW2 US Navy AN-6552 Leather Flight Jacket with Sheepskin collar
- Made by American Sportswear Co.
- Size 42
- Top of shoulder width measurement on outside is 18.5in(47cm)
- Sleeve length top of shoulder to cuff edge is 27in (68.5cm)
- Only made for the Navy for 6 months in 1943
- Zipper and all cuffs and lining were replaced.
- After this was done the origonal tag and leather loop were sewn onto the lining
- This has been done because nothing was left of the cuffs or lining, and the zipper because someone had replaced the origonal with a #5 Nylon zipper on the jacket
- There is no rips or tears on the leather but could use conditioning
- The pockets and collar are in good shape, buttons are origonal
- EXERPT FROM: aeroleatherclothing.com on AN-6552 Jacket
- "Introduced in 1943 at the time the Type A-2 was discontinued, the AN-6552 Flight Jacket was intended to be designated as joint service jacket available to the Navy, Marine Corps and the Army Air Corps, the jacket replacing the Navy/USMC's M-422A and USAAF's A-2.
There seems to little evidence that any were ever issued to the AAF and, as this model was only made for a six month period, very few AN-6552 jackets were ever produced making them among the rarest of an already scarce group".
Vintage US Navy WW2 AN-6522 Leather Flight Jacket